Roswell Pro Audio DELPHOS Microphone REVIEW
I had a chance to meet Matt McGlynn founder of Roswell Pro Audio back at Summer NAMM 2017. He was kind enough to send me a Delphos microphone to try out in my studio. I was amazed, to be honest. So here is my review of the Delphos from Roswell Pro Audio.
Features: (taken out of the Roswell website)
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule captures detail and articulation
- Ultra-pristine transformerless circuit reduces noise and distortion
- True Cardioid mode increases signal to noise ratio
- Omni pattern reduces proximity effect naturally
- NOS parts capture vintage FET sound
- Three-stage custom metallic enamel finish provides durable good looks
- Extensive QA/QC procedure ensures that every Delphos sounds fantastic
The transistors in the Delphos are all NOS parts, no longer made but ideal for this circuit. The JFET is selected for low input capacitance, then manually biased in our shop to maximize signal level without distortion.
Every resistor in both the audio and DC power circuits is a low-noise, high-precision metal film type. Special care was taken to select signal-path capacitors for the best sound.
Visit the Roswell Pro Audio Website:
Delphos Condenser Microphone